You are invited to bring yourself and up to four of your best poker friends to compete in our first ever NDB March Madness. If you and your team have the skills, then cashing in this $100 freeroll and grabbing a piece of the “team prize” is practically a slam dunk.
Two Juicy Prize Pools!
1. $100 Freeroll Prize Pool – You are taking a shot at cash winnings. It’s free to play and you can win your share of the $100 prize pool.
2. Team Score Prize Pool – Bring your best poker mates! If you wish to compete for the “Best Team” prize pool, check that “Yes” box when filling out the form below. Entry fee for the team prize is only $5. Every dime of that fee will be paid out to the best teams in the tournament.
We are “seeding” the Team Prize Pool with $50 to tip things off. So if only one team registers and pays $5 to compete for the team prize, they will walk away with $50, uncontested.
But…I don’t have any friends!
Get picked up! I have started a thread in our forums. If you are currently “solo” or do not have a complete team, you can post there, leave your contact email, etc. Don’t be shy!
You can take on the world by yourself if you want. Or just you and a couple of friends. Short handed teams still have a chance at winning money in the “Team Prize Pool”, but it will add pressure, as each member will have to do exceptionally well! (View the section on Team Scoring further down).
[gravityform id=”16″ name=”NDB March Madness”]
Get a Coupon – Get a Seat!
All players entered and confirmed by March 24, 2014, will have a coupon placed in their Carbon Poker account, allowing them to register for the tournament.
Team captains are responsible for making sure all of their teammates take their seat and play in the tournament. Team scores are achieved by finishing ‘in the money’ in the tournament. It is highly unlikely that anyone is going to make it to the money by “sitting out” the entire tournament!
For a list of current teams and solo players, view this spreadsheet: Team Rosters
If you are looking to form a team or pick up a couple of players to fill your open spots, check out the “solo players” tab. Email me and I can help complete your team.
– A player must finish “in the money” to score.
– Only teams who have paid the $5 entry fee will be eligible for the Team Prize
– Team Prize pool will be paid out on a percentage basis.
– The final percentages and prize pool will be based on the total number of teams who enter and pay the registration fee.
The amount of money your team wins in the tournament will be your total score. For example, of your five players, 3 of them finish in the money. They win the following amounts: $10, $5.35 and $1.50 – Your team score would be 16.85
A Note on Colluding
While we have a “team” prize pool, please keep in mind that poker is a game of individuals. Similar to an Olympic swimming relay event, the team score counts everyone’s results as a group, but each swimmer swims his or her own race!
Players caught chip dumping, soft playing or otherwise colluding, would not be eligible for any prizes from this event. On a much larger scale, Carbon Poker takes cheating seriously, so players would likely be booted from the poker room as well.
As always, I am available for questions, comments and suggestions. Use the comment box below to speak your mind, or email me: email@example.com
Best of luck to your team!